Why Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty is Still a Great Game in 2026
You can read the full Wikipedia article; it is a good one. But, of course, I wouldn't just write a blog entry to send you there.
I played the original European PlayStation 2 version, and recently I played the Nintendo Switch HD version from the Master Collection.
I have my full playthrough of the prologue, Tanker, captured on video. It is scheduled to be posted on my YouTube channel, but I haven't decided on the exact date yet. I would also like to upload the video of my full playthrough of the first Metal Gear Solid on my PlayStation Classic.
The conversion to Nintendo Switch is smooth until you defeat Arsenal Gear's AI-controlled Metal Gear RAYs.
Then, someone at Konami must have forgotten that some people are playing the game with Joy-Cons. The last fight had to be played with my Pro Controller on a TV. So, I connected my Raspberry Pi 4B and captured the video.
Here is the link: https://youtu.be/Vg2w49UAIv8 (available to watch after August 8, 2026).
After all these years, Metal Gear Solid 2 is still a really good game. Play it if you can! If you can't, well, at least you can watch my videos.
About my videos: they are not walkthroughs. My camera and microphone are off while I play, and I'm not an expert—these are just videos of a regular guy having fun playing a game.
I originally recorded my gameplay so I could watch myself play and learn from my mistakes. Then I used those videos to learn some basic video editing, and one day I decided to post them on YouTube to share.
Star Trek Online, GTA, and Fortnite taught me about music copyright, and in this constantly changing world, I am still learning. Metal Gear Solid 2 didn't give me a single copyright warning!

Comments
Post a Comment